September is World Alzheimer's Month
We strive to support people to live well with dementia.
We work closely with the Dementia Friends to share information with our staff and residents and work to improve the quality of life for people living with dementia.
The Alzheimer's Society is a UK charity that campaigns for change, funds research to find a cure and supports people living with dementia.
Did you know?
If you are a carer or a family member and need a support, you can use an online referral to Dementia Connect. Dementia Connect, from Alzheimer’s Society, is a new personalised dementia support service. It provides people affected by dementia with the support they need, when they need it, by phone, online and face to face.
The service operates at a local and national level, connecting people with support in their community, while offering phone and online help seven days a week.
Support provided can include:
- Advice on how to cope and live with dementia
- Tips for making a home dementia-friendly
- Support with everyday living such as government benefits
- Help navigating social services
- Advice on legal documents and Lasting Power of Attorney
- Connection to dementia groups within local communities
Ask your GP if in doubt.
Published: Sep 23, 2021